News Ticker

Menu

An Easy Way to Learn English Vocab - V


1. ALLAY

Meaning : (i). To calm or pacify

                 (ii). to set to rest

Memory Key : (i). Whenever a child cries to usko shant ( ALLAY ) karne ke liye we say " allay allay allay rote nhi chup ho jaao "

(ii). Jab kisi ko shant karna ho to you say " Ae lay ( eh le ) sab rakh le but plz calm down "

Usage : All my worries , were soon ALLAYED once i got there.


2. APPEASE

Meaning : to calm or satisfy (a person, desire etc) usually by giving what was asked for or is needed.

Memory key- she gave A PIECE of cake to her little baby to APPEASE him..

Usage : The beautiful sun set brought me to an appease feeling.


3.CHOLERIC

Meaning :Easily moved to anger, quickly aroused to anger

Memory key :  When we have CHhOLE and RICe in dinner daily then we get easily fussy and  angry.

Usage : I absolutely get choleric when a telemarketer calls during the dinner hour.


4. IMPASSE

Meaning : A situation wherein it is difficult to proceed ahead, a deadlock.

Memory key : Impossible to pass

Usage : We came to an impasse trying to solve the puzzle.


5. LASSITUDE

Meaning(N) : feeling of lack of interest or energy , weakness and lethargic gesture.

Memory key : Aalsi person ka ATTITUDE

'Lassi piyo attitude jagao , lassitude ko door bhagao'

Usage :(i).  After the long race, Jack experienced a feeling of lassitude.

(ii). This morning, lassitude is preventing me from getting out of bed.


6. EXULT

Meaning: extreme joy..

Memory key : EXcellent + resULT ---brings--- EXULT

Usage: " That was the best result I could think of!!!" he EXULTED.


Share This:

Jillur Rahman

I'm Jillur Rahman. A full time web designer. I enjoy to make modern template. I love create blogger template and write about web design, blogger. Now I'm working with Themeforest. You can buy our templates from Themeforest.

No Comment to " An Easy Way to Learn English Vocab - V "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM