News Ticker

Menu

Cloze Test for SBI PO 2014

Directions—(Q. 1–10) In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/ phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.

I used to look _(1)_ to the holidays. I  usually _(2)_ to my uncle’s house where I _(3)_ his children. I did not get paid a salary for _(4)_ What I received in return however, was far more _(5)_ My uncle was an avid reader. During the time I spent with his family I had an _(6)_ to read the vast amount of books and magazines that he possessed. This improved my English to some _(7)_ Reading became my new _(8)_._(9)_ spending my pocket money on a ticket to the cinema I began to _(10)_ books. This has benefited me greatly.

1.     (A) forward                    

(B) towards       

(C) backward    

(D) up                           

(E) around


2.     (A) went

(B) sent 

(C) visited          

(D) travelled                 

(E) gone


3.     (A) cared                       

(B) occupy        

(C) guarded       

(D) taught                      

(E) played


4.     (A) them            

(B) whom          

(C) this              

(D) now             

(E) which


5.     (A) expensive    

(B) deserving    

(C) helping        

(D) demanding  

(E) valuable


6.     (A) opportunity  

(B) ability           

(C) use  

(D) encouragement      

(E) achievement


7.     (A) distance                  

(B) extent          

(C) time 

(D) limits            

(E) degrees


8.     (A) activity                    

(B) hope

(C) hobby          

(D) duty             

(E) worship


9.     (A) despite                    

(B) though         

(C) by                

(D) instead of                

(E) while


10.  (A) sell               

(B) read 

(C) exchange    

(D) invest                      

(E) buy


Answer: 


1. (A)

2. (A)

3. (D)

4. (C)

5. (E)

6. (A)

7. (B)

8. (C)

9. (D)

10. (E)


Share This:

Jillur Rahman

I'm Jillur Rahman. A full time web designer. I enjoy to make modern template. I love create blogger template and write about web design, blogger. Now I'm working with Themeforest. You can buy our templates from Themeforest.

No Comment to " Cloze Test for SBI PO 2014 "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM