News Ticker

Menu

Important Idioms Part - II




We have selected these Idioms and Phrases for maximum usefulness. All these have appeared in recent years in different exams. it can be helpful in upcoming exams


Idiom: Salt away
Meaning : Save money
Usage : My father's uncle salted away thousands of dollars before he died.
Idioms by alphabet

Idiom : See someone through
Meaning : Help
Usage : He was a real friend to see me through my long illness.
Idioms by alphabet

Idiom : Plastic
Meaning : Credit card
Usage : Oh, no! I forgot to get any cash! I hope this restaurant accepts plastic

Idiom : Point blank
Meaning : Clearly
Usage : She refused point blank to help him.

Idiom : Easy as pie
Meaning : To say that something is easy as pie means that it is very easy to do.
Usage : How did the English test go? - No problem - it was easy as pie!

Idiom : Egg someone on
Meaning : If you egg somebody on, you urge or strongly encourage them to do something.
Usage : She didn't really want to learn to drive but her children kept egging her on.
Idiom : Every dog has its day
Meaning : This expression means that everyone can be successful at something at some time
in their life.
Usage : I didn't win this time, but I'll be lucky one day. Every dog has its day!

Idiom : Back someone
Meaning : Support
Usage : Bill is expecting us to back him up at the meeting tomorrow.

Idiom : Face the music
Meaning : If you have to face the music, you have to accept the unpleasant consequences of
your actions.
Usage : He was caught stealing. Now he has to face the music

Idiom : Call in question
Meaning : Challenge, express a doubt about
Usage : Whatever else one may say of him, no one dare call in question his honesty of
purpose

Share This:

Jillur Rahman

I'm Jillur Rahman. A full time web designer. I enjoy to make modern template. I love create blogger template and write about web design, blogger. Now I'm working with Themeforest. You can buy our templates from Themeforest.

No Comment to " Important Idioms Part - II "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM