News Ticker

Menu

Important Idioms Part - III



We have selected these Idioms and Phrases for maximum usefulness. All these have appeared in recent years in different exams. it can be helpful in upcoming exams

Idiom: Jolly good time
Meaning : Time of happiness
Usage: I have a jolly good time in company of my family.

Idiom : Lame excuse
Meaning : Unacceptable lies
Usage: You should not make lame excuses to avoid work.


Idiom : Lay something on
Meaning : Provide
Usage : As soon as he breathed his last, the nurse laid a cloth on him

Idiom : Look into something
Meaning : Investigate
Usage : I'll have to look into that matter

Idiom : Look on
Meaning : Watch inactively
Usage: The beating took place while a policeman looked on.

Idiom : Look over someone / something
Meaning : Examine
Usage: I think you had better have the doctor look you over.

Idiom : Look something up
Meaning : Try to find in dictionary
Usage: If you don't know the meaning of the word, look it up in your dictionary.


Idiom : Lousy
Meaning : Terrible
Usage : Why did you speak so rudely to your grandmother? That was a lousy thing to do!

Idiom : Get a grip
Meaning : To control your emotions
Usage : Come on, get a grip, we've got an important meeting in five minutes

Idiom : Jump to conclusions
Meaning : Decide something too quickly and without thinking about it
Usage: Jumping the conclusion may harm in the long run.

Share This:

Jillur Rahman

I'm Jillur Rahman. A full time web designer. I enjoy to make modern template. I love create blogger template and write about web design, blogger. Now I'm working with Themeforest. You can buy our templates from Themeforest.

No Comment to " Important Idioms Part - III "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM